Ready in: 35 minutes
Made this tonight and it was just awesome. This baked turbot recipe is so quick and easy, you’ll be amazed!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 turbot
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 onion
How to bake the turbot
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Grease a large baking tray with extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice onion thinly and layer onion slices evenly along the bottom of to the tray.
- Lay the turbot over the onion slices onto the baking tray.
- Add a good lug of olive oil, put in the oven and bake at 190 degrees for 30 minutes.
- To fillet the turbot, run a sharp knife along its body, and remove the fillets with the help of a spoon.
How to make the lemon and tahini mayonnaise
Mix the lemon juice, tahini, squeezed garlic, coriander and mayonnaise into a food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy. If you want to thin down the sauce a little, you can do so by adding a touch of warm water.
Serve the lemon and tahini mayonnaise on the side, and let everybody pour on as much as they like.